Change of residence, what to do ?


Please communicate any change of address to the FRO, Asansol-Durgapur in writing and get it endorsed on Registration Certificate/ Residential Permit.


  • If you wish to change residence from this commissionerate to another City/District (FRO), please communicate to both the FROs and get an endorsement on Registration Certificate / Residential Permit from both the FROs.
  • The registration records of the foreigner will be transferred from the previous FRO to the present FRO. 
  •   If you are going out of your registered address for a continuous period of 8 weeks or more, please inform the FRO in person or through a representative or by registered post about details of departure and probable date of return.