Exit permit is required for a person leaving the country when VISA is expired / extension application is pending for consideration with the State Government/Central Government/ For specific types of visa when the foreigner wants to leave India.
- Exit permit is not required wherever Visa/Residential Permit is valid ( except Pakistan & Afghan National )
- Exit permit should be obtained only from the Foreigners Registration Office (FRO) where foreigner has registered.
- Enclose the documents required for obtaining exit permit.
- Approach the FRO with whom you have registered.
- Submit an application
- Enclose a copy of the confirmed journey ticket
- At the time of final departure you are required to:
1. Surrender the originals of Registration Certificate, Residential Permit and Exit Permit to the Immigration authorities at the check post of departure.
2. Fill up embarkation card furnished by the immigration authorities.